The answer is simple...
Founded in 1994, SouthLake Christian is a college-preparatory school that prepares our students to navigate successfully in this ever-changing world. Through our accelerated curriculum, extracurricular opportunities, service awareness, and integrated technology, our goal has remained the same – Educating Mind, Body and Soul-- to enrich and strengthen the "total" student and prepare them for success in college and life.
So what makes us so outstanding? The answer is simple – our students!
We strengthen the "total" student through academic, individual and collective experiences.
Academically our students are...
- proud as we are the largest TK-12 fully-accredited private school in the Lake Norman area.
- known with a 9:1 staff-to-faculty ratio and average class size of 21.
- awarded by receiving $3.5 Million in College Scholarships by our 2013 Graduates!
- recognized by averaging over 200 points higher on the ACT'S than state and national average scores.
- technically advanced by our technology driven classrooms with Smartboards and computers.
- leaders with over 50% of 4-7th graders qualifying for the academic Duke TIP Program
- challenged with over 65% of our teachers having or working toward advanced degrees.
- prepared as they scored 30th percentile points higher than other top US private schools on the elite ERB standard tests.
Individually our students are...
- spiritual as they grow in their relationship with Christ through their personal experiences and Biblical teachings.
- confident as 98% attend four-year colleges nationally and internationally.
- energized by a challenging and supportive culture while using a multi-sensory teaching style
- athletic in 36 competitive team sports with regional and state championships.
- creative with our award-winning fine arts programs in music, drama and visual arts.
- involved through extracurricular activities and student organizations.
- nurtured in an engaging environment supported by our experienced teachers.
Collectively our students are...
- global offering their leadership and hard-working skills to other countries less fortunate.
- enriched through their services and experiences in local, regional and international missions
- valued and develop life-long friendships and social confidence.
- environmental on a beautiful 19-acre campus with an outdoor lunch area.
- diverse in a family-like environment with 15% racial/ethnic diversity.