SouthLake Christian Academy located at Lake Norman in Huntersville, NC was founded in 1994 by SouthLake Presbyterian Church. The school began as a mission of the Church and opened its doors the first year to 23 students. Today, approximately 800 students are enrolled at SouthLake Christian Academy in pre-kindergarten through twelfth grades. In these 17 years SouthLake has grown and stayed true to our ultimate goal - to open a school in the greater Lake Norman area that would prepare young people for successful lives of service to God, their community and the world at large.
- Inclusive: Our school is evangelical in nature. Our student population represent diverse backgrounds and come from a variety of different Christian traditions as well as students from non-Christian backgrounds.
- Campus Community: We provide a safe, supportive and nurturing learning environment for our students, and one that encourages and facilitates the building of friendships.
- Academics: We are a college preparatory school providing a rich and challenging academic curriculum and educational experience to ensure our graduates excel in the ever-changing world environment.
- Character: We provide the opportunity through local and worldwide mission opportunities for our students to make a positive difference in the lives of others in the name of Jesus Christ.
- Learning Culture: Our school promotes an engaging and exceptional learning environment through the use of curriculum, technology and individual teaching methods. We understand that children absorb information in a variety of ways and learn using different skill sets. Our multi-sensory teaching approach accommodates most learning styles to teach to each student's strengths.
- Spiritual Foundation: We are a school grounded in the Judeo-Christian Tradition. As a Christian community, we teach values such as responsibility, honor, integrity and compassion for all people.
We have experienced significant growth in our student body population. Planning for continued growth and recognizing the importance of maintaining low teacher-student ratios and providing state-of-the-art facilities has been accomplished. In August 2008, we completed construction of a state-of-the-art three story educational building for the purpose of housing grades 3-8. This new facility, Hampton Hall, provided much needed classroom space and became the home for a new computer lab and music department.
Construction of new facilities continues with the addition of an athletic fieldhouse to serve our football, softball, soccer, baseball and football playing fields.